Beyond the sale
Today, very few of us buy a home and stay in it forever, our needs change over time and so should the space we live in. Planning ahead helps to avoid mistakes and ensures that we are in the best position to realize our goals.
1. Know the value of your home, even if you don't plan on moving for a year or two. The value of your neighbours home is not the same as yours.
2. What could you do to increase the value of your home? This does not need to be costly renovations but many of us have those 'getting round to it jobs'. that we put off. Regular maintenance and updates of your home will help you realize a better price and faster sale.
3. Understand your finances, meet with your bank or financial planner and realtor to better understand the benefits and costs of moving. Create a personal financial balance sheet.
4. Where do you want to go? Explore your options well in advance, many people have an idea of downsizing but have not fully worked out their vision and the cost, avoid making mistakes by having a plan.
5. Declutter regularly, this really helps when it comes to working out how much space you really need and makes the actual moving day easier.
I am very happy to meet with you to help you plan ahead.